Thursday, May 16, 2013

Melbourne Zoo: Loose Seals

I know that this is going to get repetitive, but if it aint broke don't fix it I guess. Today I visited the zoo after my morning class and uni work, I spent a couple of hours over lunch seeing a few of the places I hadn't had a chance to go to yet (and back to the butterfly house). Today was a pretty cold, wet, unpleasant kind of day, I felt very sorry for the poor lions in their enclosure, in fact I feel sorry for all of the equatorial or warmer climate creatures having to go through winter in Parkville... shouldn't there be an artificially created environment for these poor things?
The underwater seal world was mesmerizing, I spent ages here today and used all sorts of photo apps to try and capture a good shot (they move so quickly!). I like using Luminancer to try and capture their movement through light and colour too.
It started to bucket down with water at the seal display. I tried to get to the Butterfly House quickly to warm up again, but by then all the pathways had flooded and then I had to wait it out a while inside... which was fine with me. This giant butterfly below was really attracted to this one guy's particular umbrella...
A view of pouring rain from the SE-Asian elephant hut. The rest of the photos are just other lovely creatures and things I saw today!

No comments:

Post a Comment