Thursday, May 9, 2013

Melbourne Zoo Again: 'SE Asia style'

You know what they always say: when the going gets tough, the tough go to the zoo. So yeah, I went back to the zoo two days after joining . It was like twenty six degrees today, blue skies, bright light, I was having a shit day on campus so I decided to take an early one and spend the last hour at my new favourite place. It's a ten minute bike ride! I could come here for lunch every day!
There was an ice cream truck outside, so I made sure to get a chocolate soft serve before going in.
The weird thing is that I didn't really take that many photos of the animals today. I only had time to go to the tiger/elephant 'South East Asian rainforest' area of the park, but all the photos of the animals are long-distance, dark, blurry and shady.
"Hati hati"! The Melbourne Zoo have really gone all out with the SE Asian stuff!
So today I saw tigers, elephants, butterflies and meercats. When I was leaving at closing time, I bumped into Irit, and it is CARAZY but she has just become a member too! I am so glad to have a zoo buddy now, together we can help start the revolution...

Finally, here's the beautiful entrance to the Butterfly House. Again, I didn't get a good photo of a butterfly inside, but believe me, it's amazing in there. I remember going to a Butterfly House with Sylvia and Alex in Chiang Mai in 2011 and there were like two butterflies in the whole place. But the MZ one is heated to 26-31 degrees every day, so alongside the pretty 'flies this is also a good 'winter escape' option in the Parkville region. I can just take my books there and hang out all day! Today I got here at the end of the day, which is the beginning of 'roosting time'.

No comments:

Post a Comment