Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Film Binge

I joined Netflix yesterday because of Arrested Development Season 4, and it's caused twenty-four hours of unadulterated streaming bliss. And that was on top of two DVDs I'd already watched yesterday too. So, since yesterday morning I have watched the following movies, which seem to become increasingly low-brow as time goes on!:

1.Otto Preminger's Advise & Consent (1962)
2. Douglas Sirk's Has Anybody Seen My Gal? (1952)
3. The Dictator (2012) - This is the beginning of the Netflix mania last night...
4. Bachelorette (2012) Very late now!
5. Adventureland (2009) - This was this morning, 'warming up' to lecture writing today...
Plus I watched some Arrested Development (hmmm),90s SNL and Portlandia as well. So I've caught up on a lot of the recent 'guilty pleasures' and also I've got a good-looking queue for the future. I wish Netflix had more mid 20th century classics though and a better way of searching through available films, though. It's a bit trial and error at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment