Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Healesville Sanctuary Sunday

Irit and Chris, who I recently discovered are also recently anointed zoo members (so good!), invited me to go with them to Healesville Sanctuary on sunday. For both of them it was their zoo trifecta, but I still have to get out to Werribee Open Range Zoo before I've seen all three. Healesville is a very peaceful and happy feeling zoo, there is a lot of open space and freedom to move around (for the people and the animals), and I think the animals seem a lot more at ease here, being native and all. I don't have a picture here, but I got to pat a slinky giant snake! It was coiling around and trying to get into my bag! These are some of the other guys we met on sunday....
Irit's haughty new associate!
Suddenly not looking so haughty...

No comments:

Post a Comment