Wednesday, April 24, 2013

US Vogue May Edition 2013


I have a subscription to Vogue on my iPad, I love the whole "Harry Potter" experience of reading the issue with animations and videos and sounds. I once downloaded a one-off issue of Australian Vogue and I was disgusted - it's like downloading a PDF for a uni reading or something, it's mediocre, extremely unprofessional and ruins the fashun experience. 

So I've 'relaxed' today with some idle reading of Vogue in my spare time (today is lecture day, and first tutorial day, and screening day... phew!). I've only read a little bit of it, so far I've come across a really exciting article about weeds and salad by a really talented food writer called Oliver Strand  (for some reason Vogue has really good food writers), and it's making me want to get out my Melbourne weeds guide book and search for purslane. I usually find most of the writing pretty uninteresting in Vogue, especially the panegyric interviews. I read the Carey Mulligan interview, which was... as expected. Her clothes were amazing! I am really really really worried about the new 3-D version of The Great Gatsby. Because I was obsessed with Luhrmann's first two films in 1992 and 1996, I have been waiting for his comeback... and that means for 17 years! Moulin Rouge made me really angry, while Australia was just OK and pretty forgettable. To right my personal view of the universe I need  this film to be thrilling and magical... I am willing this film to be good! However, because I love the Fitzgerald novel too, I will be even more critical when I watch it. The idea of making the novel into a 3-D film is an inspired idea.  I am nervous thinking about the film screening at Cannes in a few weeks and it being a spectacular flop. Let us hope that Baz has been working on his Bogo Pogo.

No comments:

Post a Comment