Monday, April 15, 2013

Burrito Lunch

Today I had a burrito for lunch, and went 'surfing' on the internet in my office while I was eating it. Again, today is a busy day, so there is not much time for extended fun and excitement between all the work parts. Finally the Uni here has a Mexican restaurant on campus, it makes me very happy. This is my third burrito since it opened at the beginning of the semester. It is actually called a 'Chikito' - I guess this means the feminine version of the burrito? Other than its tubular shape, it has nothing to do with the classic Australian 'Chiko roll' may I add. It is 10 inches as opposed to the 12 inches (LOL) of the burrito. I selected the vegetarian chikito with extra rice, jalopenos and chipotle sauce.

The decor of the restaurant is typical, uh, relaxed Melbourne-Mexican 'hipster'. Succulents and minimal colour blocks. But let's not kid ourselves: this place is still basically a fast food restaurant, and the kids working there were working damned hard on what looked like a factory line. Each worker was in charge of putting on a different splodge of food product like beans or corn, or else ringing up the sale. I didn't take a photo of this. I did take a photo of the decor though:





The lunch 'present' in full:


No comments:

Post a Comment